Book an appointment:
Read our reviews:
Connect with us:
This page contains a few of our more recent articles, insights, and tricks and tips. Please visit our blog for much more. Also, like us on facebook to receive new artciles and insights automatically.
Winter dryness 12/03/2012
Is anyone else’s skin getting dry around this time of year?
My hands are bothering me and I have been using my Hydrating Gel Mask two times a week to keep my face from seeing the effects.
I am going to give you a few tips for the winter itch.
1. I know that this seems totally obvious, but apply a good moisturizer every day. Do this right after the shower and before the skin is totally dry. Use a good facial moisturizer (not a body moisturizer on your face), and also apply a body moisturizer to the rest of your skin.
2. I recommend a humectant (or hydrator that attracts moisture to the skin) for your face. I love Advanced B5, but products that contain a high level of Sodium Hyaluronate or Hyaluronic Acid is what I am looking for.
3. About the shower: Don’t shower more than once a day, take shorter showers or baths, and take cooler or room-temperature showers. Hot showers, hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas can all strip our bodies of oils.
4. Have you ever had to use the soaps from hotel rooms! Traditional soaps and highly foaming cleansers can dry your skin out like nothing else. Try using body gel and cleansers that are pH balanced for the skin.
5. Washing dishes in really hot water and using dish washing soap is my problem today. I am going to break out my gloves to help save my hands. Use gloves when doing the dishes.
6. Moisturizers that contain alpha hydroxy acids can help build more natural lipids in the skin.
7. Be constisant. Treat dry skin EVERYDAY!
8. Get a hydrating facial.